Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cover for push to talk button

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,457 Views
(@bill parking)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#22365]
I am looking for a supplier for a "push to talk button" cover like the one in the attached photo. AHJ has approved the device but I still need supplier information to order.
Attachments
IMG_0775.JPG (1.73 MB, 30 downloads)



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
google push button flip guards and there will be many choices



   
ReplyQuote
(@bill parking)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes I had looked at that previously but presentation results to AHJ of switch covers indicated they wanted to see this specific item. I don't think it is home made but unable to locate anywhere.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JustWolf)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That is an old Montgomery/Kone escalator stop button Kone spares......



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow Bill. I thought I had some weird AHJs... Would love to know what code or spec he is presenting that would require a cover on a recessed button, as I believe it COMPLETELY violates all ADA codes that require button to be readily available without any fine motor manipulation, AKA you cannot be required to pull or twist... If you had a handicapped individual stuck in your lift, could they readily access the only means of communication?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top