Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
28/10/2009 10:46 am
I have a Omega 1000 with a bad slowdown sensor. It looks like a plastic threaded cylinder with three wires coming out of it and it's mounted in the gutter run. I think it is an optical sensor but it could be magnetically activated. I can't seem to find one of these sensors, does any one know where to get one? Or is there something else I can use in its place?
28/10/2009 12:44 pm
The Omega 1000 USD,DSD, and Access limit switches are no longer manufactured. I believe the switches are hall effect sensors, with +24volts to the red wire and the black and white wires which are n/o go to the input circuit, black to ground and white to appropriate terminal. You can put a n/o mechanical switch in its place, just cap off the red wire which goes to the +24 volt supply. also make sure the switch stays activated from anywhere past the slowdown point. you can probably use an LS type switch, or one of the eeco flat switches with a little modification. I tried to find an exact replacement but have had no luck so far, if anyone knows of an exact replacement please post here thanks. also to get the car running i have taken the access limit switch and put in its place, the car just wont access down from hall, until you replace or modify.