Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Another Hair Brained Idea

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,258 Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#6581]
Hi Group,

I would like to run this by you.
I built 5 of these things six years ago. They now test KU, K10, IBM, KH, R10 and KR Series relays.

Voltages available are 12v, 24v, 48v and 110v AC/DC
Its 11� x 10� x 6� and weighs 7 Lbs.
I still have one and the other four are still out there and working. The guys that have them are very satisfied with their performance.
The auto feature continuously cycles the relay so numerous relays can be tested. Single relays can also be tested over any period of time.
Tested relays drive LEDs. So, very little current passes across the contacts which are more likely to indicate a flaky contact.
I would like to start building them again with some minor changes. Mainly drop the KR (round base) series because we don�t see many of these in our business.
A couple of questions:
Are there any other types of relay sockets that need to be added?
The cost of production is a little heavy; material alone is around $150.00. Construction is quite labor intensive. With labor and material cost out the door could be around $700 to $800. Maybe less with some volume.
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Jim
Check out photo gallery...........



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top