Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/05/2010 9:02 pm
Hey Fella's
I'm currently working for a mid sized independant Co. in south Fla. When hired every new employe is issued a safety bag/kit. I was wondering if this is common amongst other indies, and smaller companies.
03/05/2010 9:43 am
Hey Tomahawk, I work for an independent in the Southern California area and we also issue a full safety bag to all employees. I think all the independents should at least issue the basics like goggles, knee pads, gloves, first aid kits, etc..... You never know when your going to need it and its nice to have it on hand.
18/08/2010 8:54 pm
Same here in Georgia. One thing that we also issue is the standard safety handbook issued through Elevator World (current one has a green cover). Very helpful not to mention it keeps everyone on the same page when it comes to safety. It also makes the lawyers and insurance agent feel all warm and fuzzy also.
23/08/2010 8:10 am
Hey i work for the bigest independent company in Ok. We are not really issued anything much i think i was givin a hard hat and saftey goggles and an orange elevator saftey manual from the sees book. đ
31/08/2010 10:45 pm
Yeah, typical PPE and and Safety Handbook. The previous version of the Elevator World Handbook was orange. The just went to green covers a few months ago. I know it can be aggravating to deal with, but Safety is important to everyone.
13/09/2010 8:44 pm
Originally Posted By: Administrator
Hey Tomahawk, I work for an independent in the Southern California area and we also issue a full safety bag to all employees. I think all the independents should at least issue the basics like goggles, knee pads, gloves, first aid kits, etc..... You never know when your going to need it and its nice to have it on hand.
Good suggestions. Lock-out tag-out items are also a must. Other good low cost items to include are a non-contact voltage tester and plug in GFCI adapter.
Last edited by Controlguy; 09/13/10 12:44 PM.