Elevator Forum

It takes only 1 sec...
 
Notifications
Clear all

It takes only 1 second

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,139 Views
(@maynd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#8337]
Hello there, I also work on elevators and I found this forum after a search. Basicly we all need some slap of reality from times to times at this job, mine came in the form of a crushed finger...

I stop paying attention for a sec and my finger got stuck betwen the whell and the cable.

*(image not available in this archive)*

May this be an eye opener for us all.

Last edited by maynd; 09/03/13 02:47 PM.


   
Quote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ouch!!!! That's why at Union meetings its a show of hands and not a finger count. I cant tell you how many guys I know with parts missing. And I would guess its that way all over.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hope that was not you. If it was, I think your Scout first aid training came in handy.
One of my favorite mechanics told me to store clean rags in the machine room trash can and take the soiled rags out with me when I left.
Still, allowing the blood to flow out helps protect the wound from infection.

Thanks for the cautionary note.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger jr.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top