Elevator Forum

Reading Schematics
 
Notifications
Clear all

Reading Schematics

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,728 Views
(@Newbie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37983]
Hi All,
I am a lift technician and I'm glad to find this website. Is there an app for this website? I was just wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks on how to get better on reading schematics?
TIA



   
Quote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The best way I found to getting better at reading schematics is to learn what the symbols mean and then what that thing does. There's a bunch of YouTube videos by user name "The Engineering Mindset" that have helped a lot of people i know. Also if you have someone that's good with print reading go over it with them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Newbie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks @Bowtiedrooster16. Will definitely checkout the channel. Much appreciated 🙏



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd recommend learning about electricity first, or at least at the same time. Reading a map about something you don't understand fully is only going to get you so far. When you truly understand electricity and how it works from electrons and neutrons and protons to how a capacitor stores energy in dielectric stress etc etc you'll be able to make so much more sense of the schematics. And be able to look at them and go ahhh I understand why they used schotky diodes here instead of regular diodes. Get a good electrical text book. There's a very good one supplied in the CET curriculum. This is key to the future of the trade I believe.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Newbie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks @EElevator for your inputs. Is there any youtube channel or books you recommend to begin with?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
This is a good one. It also goes into exactly how ac and dc motors and generators work.
Attachments
20240818_121047.jpg (2.54 MB, 52 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top