Elevator Forum

Please stop taking ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Please stop taking prints from machine rooms!

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
925 Views
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41140]
So we had a 1949 elevator on just call back service. About 3 years ago we lost it on service because TK came in gave them a rate where they break even at best. Clients calls us back they just settled with TK for inflating hours on service calls. This car is a CJ Anderson controller with a cable driven horizontal selector that looks like tiller rope style but has cams for 9 floors. Perfect set of original prints on the wall, lamented to boards like Otis use to do. We get back and they are gone. I get it guys like to add to their collection , but come on, in this day and age just take a picture. Ive got pictures of everything on my routes, saved by manufacture a type. Luckily
I still had these, but it’s nicer to see on the wall. Please stop being thieves and screwing over the next guy.



   
Quote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Well said, prints I don’t have on PDF I’ll scan them on my phone and create it because this is becoming way too common now with mechanics with sticky fingers …



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah that’s a pisser.
Years ago we lost a three car group and one duplex of a Swift product to some company…”O” something I forget, but three years later the building asked us to come back in. As you’ve said, both sets of prints along with the diagnostic sections were gone. Really? Now how were we supposed to TS an elevator controller with Magnatek DSD Drive documents? Stealing the prints is sooo 1980’s. I guess the thieves thought to harm the next company when they actually stole the customers property.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top