Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Type SS

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,100 Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14329]
Hi Group,

Looking for a diagram: Very old Otis

Car Switch
Slip Ring AC motor
Probably Type SS

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Controller Data Tag info????



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Rolly,

Long Gone, I have requested some pics of the controller.

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Send me a PM of the pic or post it here.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Morning Rolly,

Finally got some pics of this guy...........

Attachments
IMG_20150306_142119.jpg (626.3 KB, 55 downloads)
IMG_20150514_155355.759.jpg (1.46 MB, 42 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have worked on quite a few of these but not any more. They tended to have track switches in the shaft.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Cannot be a 6FD if its an AC Motor. They were DC. I could not Identify this unit without a tag or a Sales Number. If you can come up with a Sales Number, Usually on city inspection forms, I can maybe get it Identified. Sales number could be on Motor Tag too.

Last edited by Rolly; 07/01/15 05:01 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi Rolly,

This guy has an AC Motor with slip rings. As I recall 6fd was city dc

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Probably a 1SOS



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top