Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis 23 UCL

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
13.1 K Views
(@Elevator Nut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#21432]
Hello,

I am looking for a sequence of operation, technical description for the dispatching of relay logic 23 UCL type controllers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The Otis 11-23 UCL was the bread and butter for Otis. Selector built onto the controller. Tell me what problem your having, can probably help you. To my knowledge there was nothing ever written to explain every step of operation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator Nut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Its a duplex 7 stops. When both cars are above lobby or other lower floor, no cars respond. If we take car 2 out of service then car 1 will respond. I am not sure of the sequence that is supposed to happen, I think we need LJ, LJX but nor sure how the logic works to select the car. I am thinking the problem is with car 2. I can send prints if that would help. Thanks for your time!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
With a duplex you have 3 states that a car can be in. 1.Lobby Car 2.Free Car 3.Busy Car. Look at these relays contacts and shunts for TG, UB, TT, NO. NO is the nonstop if you have micro switch. Watch the UB (Up Call Behind) for in and out and check your prints.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator Nut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We have noticed GLZ not dropping out even when both cars away from lobby zone. There is about 6V across coil which is enough to prevent it from dropping out (24V relay). Not sure at this point where the path is but continue to trouble shoot.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Elevator Nut: there is no GLZ or zones on a 11-23 UCL duplex. GLZ is only on AU1, AU2, & AUV. Those are group control systems and not a duplex. You better check your data tags.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator Nut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a 23 UCL NOT 11-23 UCL and for sure the prints are correct. I can send them to you if you are curious.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
11 or 23 UCL is the controller type and the numbers 11 or 23 means the size of the generator starting switches. There is no GLZ on a standard 11 or 23 UCL print. If it does indeed have one it must be on and extended panel & had a Mod. No zones on that standard system operation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
GLZ stands for GROUP lobby zone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have an extended panel, say for fire service, relays get aux relays get named after the last letter. There is a GLX relay that means car is moving and timed to stay in after stop. If a new panel was added, it is possible Aux relays GLY & GLZ were added in sequence of GLX-Y-Z.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevator Nut)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have pdf of print. How can I send this to you?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Pm me an email and I will send you my email.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I sent you a PM with my email



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top