Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis 21NIC1

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,015 Views
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30078]
In need of print showing the brake circuit. None of my versions have it. Diagram RX9-3S7021C or RX1-2S7592J. This controller has both stamped on tag. Assuming one may be for fire service added after the fact.

Serial 33267, sales number 653153

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Only have 60 volts going to brake coil and rectifier checks out good with 90vdc. I'd rather not start cutting every zip tie if I don't have to!

Can send my email address through PM. Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Rectifier voltage should be 125-130VDC. 120 min. You either have a bad rectifier or a bad 3 phase leg going to it.



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the info Rolly. After inspecting incoming to rectifier did find a degrading terminal. That picked up the voltage to 122vdc after fixing. I still only had around 100 DC going to coil. I was able to scrounge up another print somewhat similar, and found, I believe X1A contact 1, 2 not making good connection. Elevator back running. Shortly after had a long talk with customer stating it was time for a MOD. This is the only Otis in the facility. Everything else has been modded in the past 10 years or so. This is the elevator going to the control room on the 5th landing of a power plant. Mentioned it might be wise for operations to forgo a small raise this year in order to have a dependable elevator. Apparently "there is no money for a mod"

I call bullsh** on that!

Work safe



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
In the future when you need an Otis Print, always get the wiring diagram number off of the controller data tag along with the Type of controller.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Goat,
I’m not familiar with a NIC1 controller. I have an old Otis ac drive traction. The selector is mounted on back of the relay logic controller. This unit is a 20 NICL controller.

Is yours similar to what I am describing?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top