Elevator Forum

Dover latching rela...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover latching relays

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,655 Views
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#33681]
So as many of you know, there is a latching relay supply issue. The relay company in Illinois who use to make them closed up shop. There is a problem with the Mexico supply chain. Sees has started making their own but are having issue with the quality. Adams is now reselling sees at a 100% mark up and Vertical Express now wants over $1,200 for a 220V latching relay. So, I came up with a $100 solution. Replace the latching relays with two normal relays. Then add an AUX relay for 1A and TA. Use a spare set on contacts on 2S and 3S and we have a replacement layout. Takes up a little more space, but if not available a 6x8 box is easy to attach to the controller.
Attachments
latchrelayreplace1a.jpg (2.05 MB, 77 downloads)
latchrelayreplace2a.jpg (2.06 MB, 69 downloads)



   
Quote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks ashley



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So I installed this in the field yesterday, turns out you cannot use ice cube relays on the 220V system, there is not enought resistance across the coil, so power was back feeding. I had to redo in 30-amp open cassis relay like the rest of the controller. I will revise the drawing in the next few days.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top