Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Alpha prints

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,966 Views
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39030]
I heard alpha is close to smartrise. I’ve never seen one and Im looking for prints. Just to see how they work. If anyone has them let me know. Thanks in advance



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think of alpha as smartrise with a 1980s high-school mascot logo look to it. Boards are done in a way that makes them seem a little more vintage as well, paint color I mean. Very similar design and prints. If you can work on smartrise almost no learning curve to aplha



   
ReplyQuote
(@TNHapa84)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Sweet thanks. I heard they have an app to help too



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I haven't used the app. I heard you do software updates with your phone via Bluetooth connection though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have been using them for 3 years now on hydro and tractions , not sure about what EElevator stated that they are similar, it is much more user friendly and not as complicated. Support is amazing you can always email them at [email protected] for any assistance.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are like a carbon copy. The guy pretty much stole smartrises design and tweaked it. I've installed both. I prefer alpha though



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex_ELMAN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise sucks! They've cut corners on safety to make installation a breeze! Essential redundancies are gone; the code is a violated, and their manufacturing quality is a disaster. Their boards fail constantly, and you end up replacing them all the time. There's a mountain of broken boards in all the machine rooms with smartrise controllers.
Check out these recent TSSA safety concerns, recalls, absurd bulletins, and temporary patches:
TSSA SAFETY CONCERNS

The last thing an elevator should do is move with doors open, but thanks to eliminating doorzone redundancy, Smartrise makes this happen too. LOL.

I know for a fact that Alpha doesn't skimp on safety is still easy to install. Their approach is to keep their user interface, wiring, and naming conventions similar to Smartrise, but the core of their design is different and solid. They did this to make life easier for those familiar with Smartrise who want a safer and higher-quality controller. No stealing of Smartrise design here!



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
it may look like it , but the core is totally different. software and hardware . MCE's for product looked like and an Otis, and EC first product looked like a MCE, but the core and software is always different. Anyways I don't care either way, its just the Alpha's product is much more superior , that's all.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@elevatorman1966 : What part of MCE's product looked like an Otis? I've never seen any similarity, but I'm also not as familiar with MCE's earlier products.

Did MCE ever have any ex-Otis engineers working for them, or was this just a case of "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness" (to quote from Oscar Wilde) ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
He also said alphas don't look aaaaaaanything like the smartrise controller/boards they're copying...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does Alpha run a selector tape or the Cedes camera?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Alex_ELMAN)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Alpha uses the Kübler positioning system, which differs from CEDES. I believe it's more reliable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
@eelevator I said it may look like it , again it looks like does not mean it the same. Put them side to side, and instantly you can see the difference. I really don't care anyways, as long as we are using a reliable product , and I get the support I need , when I need it. So far its been Alpha.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top