Elevator Forum

1970's Dover Tracti...
 
Notifications
Clear all

1970's Dover Traction Issues

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,554 Views
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39938]
Working on an old traction unit without as built drawings. Have drawings that are similar so there's missing information. Looking for the door open/close circuit including the motor (on top of the car) control. The door opened and that's where it stopped. Door close timer? Safety circuit holding door open?

Dover C32126

Thanks



   
Quote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'd like to see the typical logic (circuit) for the door motor field control Open/close.



   
ReplyQuote
(@JinCA)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How many floors, stand alone or bank?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I’m working on this elevator again. Has doors on both sides. However it get stuck with the door open on the side that only opens at one floor. The DT door open timer is initiated (led on) it times out but immediately goes back to timing. I don’t have accurate prints to troubleshoot the two door circuit. I talked to a guy from downstate NY that works on them a while ago. Trying to find his contact information.

Last edited by Bobbybolognie; 08/18/25 05:06 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
One bank, 4 levels, 3 doors on South side, 1 on North side



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
SE (SE1) (and SE2) relays are energized. Pull either one out and DT stops timing. So CS (1,2&3) are energized. The print shows as long as CS is on then so is SE.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Working on the Dover Composite Traction Elevator 1970's. I have drawings T2530, T3091 & T2244. Not sure which set is right. Dover's archives weren't readable. I'm looking for the schematic for the shaft doors closed interlocking/latching switches that you use the through hole tool to open the shaft outside door. These switches are located in the top corner of the shaft door on the closed side. My customer has had a couple incidences with the elevator not operating because one of the shaft doors has failed to fully close and close the contacts. I'm looking for the circuit these 4 door switches are used in so I might be able to attach an LED to show the customer which door is the issue. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Bobbybolognie
I'm looking for the circuit these 4 door switches are used in so I might be able to attach an LED to show the customer which door is the issue. Thanks

The locks are all in series you would have to modify the circuit to tell which door is open. Better off spending the time adjusting the doors properly so they close and latch properly.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bobbybolognie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Would you please send me a copy of the circuit. I'd like to install an LED at the end of the line. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top