Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Mystery Valve

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,151 Views
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7497]
Mystery Valve

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen this valve? It is on a Amtech/Reliable that was installed in the early 90s. It only has 3 valve coils. I could not find a manufacture name or model anywhere on it.


   
Quote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I believe it is a THE valve. reliable used it on some of the omega controllers



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Always loved the name...THE valve "what kind of valve do you have?" "THE valve" "I know its the valve, what kind is it?" "THE" "yes I know its the valve, what brand is it" 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ah the old Who's on First!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Was "THE" a Brand or model? and is it still supported?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scott Davidson)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i think it is a brand, not sure, i found a manual for a THE valve that has 4 valve coils, but not the one that has 3 I remember we would try to replace that valve as we could. it was not very reliable. looks like yours is still kicking though.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Its still running, I just had never seen one before and my company is looking at taking it on service. It looks like it wouldn't be to hard to convert it to a Maxton.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The piping is the easy part the signals to the valve are where things can get interesting depends on the controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Technology Hydraulic Engineering (THE Valve).
Out of Business now, some of the principals went back to Maxton. (Pretty darn good valve.)
The controller that went with it and associated DL1 DL2 Relays should probably be replaced. See circular Letters Below

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/elevator_circular_letterE0201.htm
http://www.dir.ca.gov/dosh/elevator_circular_letterE931.htm

The customer got their moneys worth out of the ice cube relays. Risky to continue its use past the 10 year mark.

Respectfully,

Robert L Krieger Jr.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Very good find Robert. Thanks for posting those links!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ozliftly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Looks like a unit out of Europe that Leistrizt used to supply on their power units. Very tempremental with temperature,



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top