Elevator Forum

Montgomery "C" Type...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Montgomery "C" Type Safeties

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,126 Views
(@vatordude)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#2960]
Montgomery "C" Type Safeties

I'm trying to figure out the Max rated load for these safeties. I haven't had any luck through Kone Spares or the State inspectors office. The stamp only shows what the safeties were tested for at the time of inspection but not what their max rating. Does anyone have information on these type of safeties? Thanks for the help!!!!


   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think the guys who could answer that are long gone...



   
ReplyQuote
(@vatordude)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Vic, I think your right about that!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It was accepted by the AHJ at the time of installation, the data tag indicates the accepted load at the time. I hope you got a photo of the whole thing including the oil buffer that is a part of the assembly. I would think that after 50 years of service, its time to replace them with newer technology.

For those who might read this one day, a type c safety is an instantaneous safety (type A) with an oil buffer that provides gradual slowing like that of the type B safety (SLIDE).

If the people don't have the money to replace the safeties, how about slowing down the rated speed of the car to below 150 fpm?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Upyurs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also known as duplex safeties.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Robert and others.

I have actually worked on those back in the day, but had forgotten the name. There was also a ball and socket type affair on the governor rope to the car. I know..I ran a car up into the overhead in my youth, thinking that would reset instantaneoulsy..

Guess what..
I was wrong.. 😁



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top