Elevator Forum

Jim, I thought this...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Jim, I thought this would interest you!

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,076 Views
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12539]
Jim, I thought this would interest you!

The last time I've seen this being used on an elevator was 25+ years ago!

Does anyone recognize this?



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Otis, old, used on manual horizontal slide doors. Don't remember the model number. Can be made up by pulling down on the contact bar with your finger.



   
ReplyQuote
(@kiwinightstalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Used with the "O" operator...and yes we still have a quite a few still in operation!!!

Last edited by kiwinightstalker; 10/31/14 09:35 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yes it is! The cover is marked N-2. This one was laying on top of the car.

We just picked this 20 NICL, 2 speed AC with auto doors up for service. Last night I was called in for the car not leaving the second landing. As you may have seen the contact housing on this one is broken in the top right side. The one attached to the second landing door is cracked in the lower right where the pickup roller arm enters the lock. The contacts didn't make up and needed my attention.

I sent an email in to Ramone at Unitec to see if they are still available.

Kiwi, I know Johnny has many years and is a wealth of informations! I would have to say following your post you have accumulated a wealth of your own...

Thank you for your contributions...



   
ReplyQuote
(@United tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've got a bank of two 8 stops with these locks. If I use my door key to access the pit or cartoon when I close the door they seem to get stuck in the unlocked position. Any lubrication advice on these guys?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top