Elevator Forum

Bucher Hydraulics
 
Notifications
Clear all

Bucher Hydraulics

16 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
17.8 K Views
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#326]
Bucher Hydraulics

Has anyone worked on this type of electronically controlled valve assembly.


   
Quote
 gib
(@gib)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have a problem with it? or are you just looking for information? If you are looking for data Bucher will normaly supply anything you need.

Gib



   
ReplyQuote
(@Conrad)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We use them quite a lot feel free to ask away



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We just picked up a few of these units. I was able to find some adjustment procedures and information on the equipment. I don't have any experience with this manufacture, does it typically run well? Are there any issues or problems that are common to this system?



   
ReplyQuote
 gib
(@gib)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No issues once they are set up they run well, very well in fact, if you contact bucher they have a training video available ask them nice they may send it to you??

Gib



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorman_1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
stroke them nice, you may get info... is more like it... promise to sell their equipment and after about 10 units, you will get support... from india...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Conrad)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There are two filters in the block up and down. Ensure these are checked and cleaned on a regular basis they are on the side of the block near the up down valves. Simple to do just need spanner the filters are about the size of a small thimble.
Be sure to isolate the power and close the hydraulic main tap.

If you require any info I have on file
http://www.bucherhydraulics.com/30975/Elevator-hydraulics/index.aspx
or look here



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
when the valves hit around ten years old you will see that they can't hold floor level when there is a load applied to the platform. The car will drop about 1 to 4 inches. very dangerous, I have spoken with Heinz from Bucher at length about this and sent them a valve we replaced with a new one, They don't seem to ahvge but one answer Buy an new one. At severeral thousand dollars I don't see that as a very good option. I suspect that it is the check valve in the upper portion of the valve but could not get the proper parts to rebuild it, I have rebuilt about 20 or so of the valves and it pays to get the service tool and the laptop software.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I mean rebuild the up and down section and the o rings. The up side needs rebuilt when you turn the car off and close the shutoff. Watch the pressure guage and see if it drops. If it does rebuild the up section and the down (down is more important in this situation) and put new o rings in the manual lowering. I don't really care for them. They were a great idea but training and support is lacking. I have met with Heinz when he comes to NYC and even he can't anser alot of the technical questions my guys and other company's guys have. Maxton is expected ot have one out in the next year or so.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i have a PDF manual for their valves pm me if anyone wants it emailed to them



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the good information. I did receive some good literature on these valves recently. I have one right now that is oscillating badly in the up direction. I haven't had a chance to dig into it yet. Only one way to learn is to tear one apart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
sounds like it's time for a rebuild, but some times it's just the I sol static and the p sol static. If you never tore one apat before call Heinz at Bucher and get a few tips it's definatly worth it. The procedure is to long to list here, but there are definatly short cuts. to adjust those settings I described you gotta have a service tool or the laptop software



   
ReplyQuote
 gib
(@gib)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Re your problem, the feedback comes from the sensor under the red vertical cover, it should be checked and cleaned regularly.

Gib



   
ReplyQuote
(@J Sand)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
they are a major pain to adjust without a service tool/laptop. but they are probably the best valve i have adjusted with them. even a roped hydro can run like a traction coming into to the floor. virtually eliminates the "bounce" commonly found in a roped hydro. And they are about the same price as a UC-1A.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Administrator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Gib, you were right on the feedback sensor on top of the valve. It needed to be cleaned and the null point needed to be calibrated. The oscillation is gone, now the only problem that remains is the car jumps a little right as the car is leveling into the floor in the up direction.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top