Elevator Forum

Another Hair Braine...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Another Hair Brained Idea

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
25.8 K Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You got that right Buddy. Kinda like the Infantryman. After all the shock and awe. He's the one.

Jim



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I havent seen a two stop hydro in over 3 years. Those guys get a van, gas card, and always on the run. Sounds like the good life.



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
You forgot to mention the 200 plus units..............



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 76 units in 3 high rises. I have the same amount of landings as a route. And 22 escalators. Gas card, van, and 200 units still sounds like the good life.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice tester. The "Miester" (since retired) did it for U.S. quite a number of years ago. I.B.M. type relays and those round base timers were the targets, and the tester worked well for these older U.S. controllers with intermittent stepping/dispatch problems. Later on he configured his tester to accommodate a variety of relay's with a voltage selector feature and L.E.D.'s to reference contacts open or closed. Ahhh yes...I remember all too well the headaches of the 12 pole selector circuit with that latch/unlatch relay business with a mere 11 floors...on OT! Without a tester! And no extra pins!!...and every stinking relay in the cabinet is junk!..and no good replacement relays on hand! In an old folks home with an FMC contract! AARRRGGH! But...it's just a memory now...fading away....................................with time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
My memory was fading too...Just when you long for the good old days someone comes along and reminds you of the hours of your life that you can never get back.... Trouble shooting triplex 16 stops with destroyed prints and no good spare relays... And they wonder why we all DRANK!



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yeah, maybe you can't get those hours back...well, not till retirement, but it sure makes me laugh a little today remembering those "old days", so I suppose there is still yet some value associated with fast forwarding the memories! Like Mr. Smarty Pants me in my early days thinking he's gonna do good and just replace that burnt out "work light" or whatever it is down near the bottom of the controller with just another bulb. Ha!...OH MY GOSH! Sounds as if I'm ready for the Old Timers group! YEEEIKES!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@danzeitz)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I use to say you were an official old timer when you were modding equipment that you installed!! So I guess I am an old timer by my own definition. But with the equipment the big 4 are selling now the old timers club will be full of 30 year olds!!!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey Jim, do you have any of these things ready for sale yet?



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top