Elevator Forum

Local 18 Los Angele...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 18 Los Angeles Interview Rank

173 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
233 K Views
(@method1624)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a theory (maybe wishful thinking) that it was an April Fool’s joke played by the receptionist being that we were, in fact, instructed to not call the hall (hence why we’re checking this forum in lieu of) along with it being an inquiry call and not official business. She doesn’t have to give any information if she felt, right?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rodriadr91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hoping for the best, expecting the worst



   
ReplyQuote
(@Holden91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It doesn't make sense to hold from hiring off the list because they wouldn't obstruct demand when there is work. If there was a slowing in the work part I can see that being the case.

Next I wouldn't look too hard into it she could be frustrated with calls. I called and received similar attitude even though I was asking about something else but she may have misunderstood what I was really asking and assumed it was list related.

Also I noticed if you call early day you get a dispatcher which could be who the commenter spoke with. I've called later in the day in the past and got someone different who seemed less restrictive on information if you were polite enough.

My advice will be not calling unless you have a legitimate question and with your best polite voice see if they will supply information. We must rely on each other and post when our numbers get called.

This year is an extension year so don't be surprised they start sending out emails to reapply for interviews and begin the process of creating a new list. So reapply if you haven't been called yet just in case.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey guys. It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Anyone know what number their on for the hiring list?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Holden91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
139 was called but same day lost priority to 3 out of work apprentices. At this moment he hasn't updated if he's been called yet.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halawalabingbang)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanx a bunch for responding @holden91. Does anyone know how long this list will go for? When does it expire?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Holden91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No problem. This list will go into 2023. The process to creat the new list will start later this year (test and interview stuff).



   
ReplyQuote
(@Holden91)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
From reddit "Update: Talked to the BA yesterday. More than three apprentices on the bench now. Lay offs happening because companies can't get parts. Suppy chain issues mentioned. He said lots of work on the books though"



   
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 12
Share:
Scroll to Top