Elevator Forum

Local 16 apprentice...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Local 16 apprentice help

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
21 K Views
(@Rplaisance1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#24678]
Has anyone been called to start working yet from the local 16?



   
Quote
(@MrTran)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I haven't heard anything. I'm ranked #40. What's your rank rplaisance?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rplaisance1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
#5
Tran where are you located . I’m in the nola area



   
ReplyQuote
(@MrTran)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats on your rank. I'm located in Lafayette. So I may have to travel quite a bit. What kind of work background do you have?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Qdragg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
#1 has been called in to work in Jackson, MS.
I know #4 hasn't been called in yet, because I work with his mother.
I am ranked #30 in New Orleans where I currently reside, and awaiting a ranking in Tx.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MrTran)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Appreciate the update Qdragg.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Qdragg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You got it friend. I'll know when #4 gets hired based on my co-worker. I hate to call and bug them, I feel like every time I call they bump my name down one out of annoyance 😛
Maybe we can rotate calling and bugging them



   
ReplyQuote
(@Qdragg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Numbers 1-4 have been called in now. Big project in Hattiesburg ms
Rplaisance, you're next bud.



   
ReplyQuote
(@MrTran)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Moving along.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rplaisance1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was called for the Jackson job 3 weeks ago . . I had to
turn it down . I have a family and need to stay in the New Orleans area . Hoping something comes up in the New Orleans area . I called today and they said the list hasn’t moved

Last edited by Rplaisance1; 10/17/18 08:14 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Qdragg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't know if they told you this, but you only get to pass on one offer per list. I heard it is very rare to get on in construction as a probie within driving distance of your house. The locals stretch out sometimes 150 miles in circumference. The perks of construction is working 4 - 10 hr shifts, so getting a hotel for three days and then driving home after work thursday is doable. Best of luck, your ranking # is very good, I hope it works out for you. I ranked #1 in San Antonio and am getting ready to move.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rplaisance1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I Did not know that ...
Yea the 4-10 is doable.
Just was hoping to get something a little closer . Guess I’ll have to jump on the next offer .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Qdragg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's tough to get into. Especially if you're supporting a family. Knowing that you can get laid off at a moment's notice is unnerving to say the least.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rplaisance1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I received the phone call today .. I start with Sec tomorrow
I’ll be at msy airport



   
ReplyQuote
(@MrTran)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Congrats and good luck Rplaisance.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top