Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Swift

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.3 K Views
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9462]
Anybody heard anything on Swift CEC shutting down? Just a few rumors I've heard. Anybody know anything definitiive?



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I saw small article about it in the the latest EW email newsletter- Pretty sad. Looks like its for sure, they are laying off some folks and moving the operation.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Q10559)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've been told Component Source was taking over parts. Not sure about tech support though. I've always liked working with Swift products. Hope their support remains.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It will be intersting to see what happens on all their product. They had just tackled the problem of obsolete GE300 drives by replacing them with DSD 412's. The change did require a specialized DAR board from them.

Their wizard software was the cat's meow as well. Loved the error code trigger and I/O capture feature. Best thing I saw out there for intermittant faults.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevated)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I talked to Swift tech support today. I was told the operation is moving to Tennessee. Parts will go through Thyssen and tech support will still be available.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are they still going to be building controllers or are they just going to provide parts and support?



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi, does any one have their tech support number. The one that I call has a busy tone.



   
ReplyQuote
(@swift5000expert)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You can call me. I am an elevator mechanic 35+ years and 15+ working on swift5000s and futuras.
Jerry (202)498-7952



   
ReplyQuote
(@MILTRONICS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Please feel free to contact Issa Lwaysi from Miltronics Inc. @ (917) - 417 - 7389 with any service and support questions for all CEC products, SWIFT 5000, MERIDIA, & FUTURA. Miltronics Inc. fully supports all CEC products and we offer electronics repair services as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have done business with Issa many times and he is one of the best.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top