Elevator Forum

Working yourself ou...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Working yourself out of job

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,845 Views
(@3mta3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#359]
Just wondering if you guy's have been seeing this in your neck of the woods. I worked for Schindler for 11 years, and am now out of a job because of for lack of a better term hotshots putting in units at ridiculous times. I have been told that it is now expected for a crew to install and adjust a 2 stop in 61 team hours. I am just wandering why the Union is doing nothing about this, and yes they know about it!



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Same situation here. When I was in construction we would put a 2 stop Esco 886 Holeless in 12-14 working days. That was lightening speed at the time. We now have a mod that can be done in 2 weekends! Its crazy but the trend is not quality but quantity. Until the building owners get wind of it and care it will continue.
2 stop hydros are now thought to take no longer than 3-4 working days, some actually achieve that.



   
ReplyQuote
 PGL
(@PGL)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I work for Schindler as well.Our construction crews are expected to install a two stop hydro in four working days.Its not working out to well but they keep trying.I see things only getting worse from here.Still proud to be a member of the I U E C.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I did the souless, er i mean the holess 211 thing awhile back for Otis. We were doing these in 7 to 8 days that was with inspection. The only crews that were doing it faster really weren't . The superviser was taking the time from other jobs and using it to cover for themselves to \say that they were getting this done. They would take this time from Mods and Big traction jobs.The guys would put the "extra time tickets in as time under another job. The super would also bury guys they didn't like by using up the time from their jobs to make it look like they were really pounding the dog. You as a mechanic would never know the sup. was doing this because you don't see the final times for the jobs. The construction supers were getting big bonuses for these jobs

Last edited by aquadag; 06/08/10 08:04 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I was being trained to be a super for the Big O for a while. I left because of alot of the management practices and started a company in New York with a partner.Unfortunately we are currently not a member of the IUEC yet. But in NYC there is so many guys on the bench it's not hard to find a good IUEC guy that takes a withdrawel card to feed his family. You can't beat a good IUEC trained guy.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It looks as though O is cracking down on this process of moving time around-from what Ive seen here recently.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's about time. that's good to hear, best thing to do is to make it known. I became unpopular fast though, when I did. But whatgoes around comes around I take over many of their contract now with the training I was given.Come buy me out Big O please. LOL



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top