Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I've Gone Fishing

22 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
27.9 K Views
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
That is freaking hilarious!!!

Those kinds of situations just make you realize how important it is to be anal in testing .
We learn from our mistakes.

Always check and recheck all your parameters and such before YOU ride it.
That is what the helper is for!



   
ReplyQuote
(@markjackn)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You've got it all wrong....Answer your phone on the weekends.... take the 1.7 or 2.0 and go fishing on Monday....better pay scale and better fishing too!



   
ReplyQuote
(@tommycakes)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You got me beat 27 years and never been stuck.......have gotten a lot of mechanics out of cars and its the funniest thing......I don't say nothing just the looks on their faces when you open them doors.......priceless ! I wish we had these camera phones back then !!! They actually tell me to let them have it .....I just look and smile.......less is more !!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm screwed.
I got fired today,not laid off,but fired.
That means no unemployment,no benefits.
The BA and my supervisor fought hard for me,but the corporation decided that I needed to be terminated.

Does that mean I have just tossed away my 27 years?

What are my options?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"We have more choices than we choose to make" J. Elkin
The instructions to the apostles was to knock the dust off your feet.

Take a deep breath and know you are not alone. You have nothing more to fear from people who would have attempted to direct and control your destiny.

For now, you might be in a bit of shock. That's normal. Your answer exists in the question. Continued good fortune to you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: elevatedone
I'm screwed.
I got fired today,not laid off,but fired.
That means no unemployment,no benefits.
The BA and my supervisor fought hard for me,but the corporation decided that I needed to be terminated.

Does that mean I have just tossed away my 27 years?

What are my options?

No. But unless you're ready to retire it does mean you need to get another job.

A story told to me by an old guy 35 years ago.
"There are 20 elevator companies in this town. If you work for each one 2 years, you have made a career". 😁

Hang in there.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatedone)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
We only have about 5 companies here that are union.

I figured out what happened.
I snapped,I lost it.
I didn't give a Screw anymore.
But I am free,I am happy at the moment.
I'm looking into hvac or electrical.
I can't deal with this craziness anymore.

I have heard stories ,jokingly about old adjusters being those crazy guys along the street.
Well,I'm beginning to think they are true because I'm real close to that.

But the one thing that holds me together is that I will be alive and my job won't take my life.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top