eecovalves.com
Maxtonvalves.com
They both have a lot of helpful tools you can download to your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
Good example, added a new elevator in an existing hospital wing. Both cars ran on the same generator, inspector required I run both cars on gen 100% capacity. Needless to say the older car could not take full capacity, even though the logs had been checked off for the over pressure setting. I imagine the tech had used existing numbers, hit the shutoff and run the car to verify he was close, and moved on....
I also thought I would share this. We just picked up a Otis 20NICL 2 speed AC 3500# capacity traction machine. We went to perform the 5 year full load test. Now when I pick up something new on service and we are testing, we like to prove it will perform. We started with 1500#. Then we added 500#. The car stalled failed to lift the weight while leveling in. Now the fun begins...
We first found an overload tripped. The dashpot on the N-301 overload relay was low on oil. We added oil and started again. Again the car stalled when trying to to lift 2000#. We removed the weight and ran the car. What we found was that M & N relays were not picking up. The gap was too much for M to pull in. And the coil was bad on N. Now the car operates fine and passes with flying colors.
My point is, I agree with proving the elevator will perform.
I am new to this building and don't know it 100%, to top it off i am new to elevator inspections as well.
I would not name the company we are contracted with to maintain our elevators but in the contract they are obliged to run cat I pressure test annually.
Last year or beginning of this one they updated one of the elevators and did a pressure test on it, i do not know what the upgrade was and when was the pressure test whether before or after the upgrade.
I also do not know whether the village inspector was present or not, to cut the story short, i had a village inspection couple of days a go and naturally he failed three out of the four elevators because "cat I pressure expired".
I spoke to the elevator company rep and he told me that when they would do the test the village inspector needs to be present.
I also live in a building and when they did a pressure test i did not see any village inspector.
My question is, is it required by code/law/regulation for third party inspector to be present on site when your company does the cat I Pressure test?