Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
02/12/2025 3:36 am
Hello all.
I picked a BC108 as a means to get some family members into my house for the coming holidays. I ran it up and down a couple of times previously, but yesterday I noticed it was not going up. The large threaded rod is turning but the platform won't raise. It goes down without issue. I look at the back and I see this slotted bearing moving freely on the turning shaft (screenshot). Am I correct that the bearing needs to be pushed down the shaft a bit so it's groove is situated where the weld beed is located? Any help is appreciated.
--Rick
I picked a BC108 as a means to get some family members into my house for the coming holidays. I ran it up and down a couple of times previously, but yesterday I noticed it was not going up. The large threaded rod is turning but the platform won't raise. It goes down without issue. I look at the back and I see this slotted bearing moving freely on the turning shaft (screenshot). Am I correct that the bearing needs to be pushed down the shaft a bit so it's groove is situated where the weld beed is located? Any help is appreciated.
--Rick
Topic starter
08/12/2025 9:53 pm
Update, I'm missing something. I pryed the metal shroud with the two metal arms out a bit so I could get the bearing to sit inside it. But while they hold it from spinning, that doesn't prevent the bearing from moving up and done the large drive shaft screw to the point where it's no longer being held. It's almost as if I'm missing some bracket that is supposed to hold the bearing to the shroud around it. If I vice grip the bearing to the shroud everything works fine. If I welded the bearing to that shroud everything would be fine. But right now as is, the ability to go up is not working because there is nothing to prevent the bearing from spinning with the shaft.
Last edited by Rick D; 12/08/25 01:54 PM.
09/12/2025 8:22 am
You probably should call a licensed elevator contractor to come and take a look at it for you. Those things are very dangerous to work on if you don't know what you're doing.
09/12/2025 1:36 pm
As Montana says, you can easily hurt, maim or kill yourself. If you aren't completely comfortable around things like this, and have a healthy respect for what can happen, it is probably best to call someone who is. Also, when things aren't working right, they can be more unpredictable.
That said, you are right, that lift nut must be fixed to the platform or the acme threaded rod will just spin and not move the platform.
Do you have any manuals, schematics, etc?
A zoomed out photo of the lifting mechanism may help.
See if any of these parts look like they are similar...this company sells elevator/lift parts and here is a search for national wheel-o-vator lift nut ("nwov nut"):
https:/