Elevator Forum

Westinghouse Rsbl h...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse Rsbl help!

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,006 Views
(@hurricanewillie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#12372]
Hello all, I have an rsbl that likes to stop at floors that it's not supposed to. In short, I can remove power for a while and it will run fine for a bit, sometimes for 30 min or so. Then it will start to stop on every 3rd floor an eventually will stop on almost every floor. It's a high rise car grouped with 2 other cars. The dispatcher is in this particular machine room. The other 2 cars share a machine room on another floor and run without these issues. Any help would be appreciated!! Also, if anyone has any information like relay nomanclature or sequence of operations kind of stuff that would help me out tremendously!! Thanks in advance.



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can you give us more details?

Which controller is it? Example would be SMA-7P-RSBL

What have you looked at so far?

Is the selector stepping properly?

Sorry I'm on my way out. I'll check in on this post later...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Monte Ball)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
jkh may be right. IT has to step NA NB, NA NB, etc. it may not be. It also sounds like somewhere you have a relay going bad -- which type relays do u have?

Send us a photo of this controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What type of selector is it? SD selector or the older black board selector with the single chain? What type of relays are used on the control? ES Relays or the older type!



   
ReplyQuote
(@hurricanewillie)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey guys, thanks for the replies! This is an Sm-auto rsbl. The selector is stepping fine,, wish it were that easy haha!! It does have the older selector with the single chain though and the older relay type too, not the "ES" type. I think it may have something to do with dispatching simply because it is time oriented. In other words, it will start to malfunction (when power has been turned off for a while)
Within an hr. and it will start by hitting every 3 floors then eventually every floor except the top. I have recently noticed that part of the pattern is that it won't go to the top floor (19) at all.. Hope that helps... I am limited on the prints that I have,, so I'm kind of shooting in the dark here with my troubleshoot..



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Are you oiling the stationary segments with #13 oil. I think that's the number? These older guys used a conductive oil to work properly? Hows the LI inductor looking?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top