Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
18/05/2014 9:42 am
I have six epoch I 's and one has been down for at least a year ( since we took over contract) and was probably down for a year or so more. The car has been used as a parts car but I think I've almost got it running again. I've had the MVR, mfr, and two levelling boards repaired. I've repaired the door operator board, hoist motor fan motor and replaced the obsolete 33t delay release relay with another type of relay like it. At first it would start into high speed and then slow down and stay on inspection speed until it reaches a floor. All the pots on the drive control boards had probably been messed with by previous mechanics. I have prints and manuals that give me info as if I had a mg set or some other type of drive. This drive has a card rack with seven color coded boards and a back board with pots r1-r16. I know all the boards are good except the purple one which is currently being repaired. I have ohmed out and matched all pots with another elevator and borrowed its purple board and it will run high speed but doesn't slow down except at ets points. Does anyone have info on the adjustment of this type of drive. It seems like I've heard before that these controllers are some type of epoch I hybrids???
18/05/2014 11:04 pm
JC,
It sounds like you are losing your pulse count. There is a battery backup to your DDD. If the unit was down that long you may want to go over that well. Is the avp16 and pos16 comparable?
It sounds like you are losing your pulse count. There is a battery backup to your DDD. If the unit was down that long you may want to go over that well. Is the avp16 and pos16 comparable?
Topic starter
18/05/2014 11:49 pm
I've checked the optical pulse counters and DDD board and it looks ok. The 20 volt power supply was only putting out 14 volts when connected to DDD bit after cranking it up to 20 it made no difference. I do meeeting to check pulses with hand held and I try that first thing tmrw.
Topic starter
18/05/2014 11:52 pm
I would still like to have some sort of info on adjusting my drive pots so I have a better idea of what I'm messing with. I can probably figure it out by comparing stuff to other units running fine. It would just make the guess work a little easier.
Topic starter
19/05/2014 10:39 pm
It's a md-6 solid state motor drive
22/05/2014 11:45 am
i only have md1 drive info, not sure if it close to the md6 or not never heard of md6
Topic starter
23/05/2014 1:35 am
I'll take any info that could possibly be close. I've probably got the only six of these drives ever made????!!!