Elevator Forum

Westinghouse door l...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Westinghouse door locks

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,741 Views
(@maine_r)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#30825]
Does anyone have a writeup on how to adjust the westinghouse door locks (WK85A1)
I would like to know what the suggested gap between the door vane and each nylon pickup wing/drive block
I've seen mods done where the drive block spring is wiretyed up to the latch lever.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210325-190915.png (391.41 KB, 43 downloads)
Screenshot_20210325-190849.png (299.99 KB, 28 downloads)



   
Quote
(@PATRCIK)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Westinghouse supplied a helper spring, much better that a wire ty. Look at www.MASTERELEVATOR.NET PART # W-D203A

SPRING, LOOP, E5 DRIVE BLOCK, 4 1/8" LONG WESTINGHOUSE # 865A388H01
W-D203A



   
ReplyQuote
(@Hope&Poke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a 20+ stop and those "rabbit ears" are little different. I'v adjust the blocks, added shims, tilted the latches itself. Their where a headache at first, but with time...it took a little patience. The information that comes with the shipping is somewhat informative . Getting the gap in that building was a waste of time, 40 year old HW is the other issue. Good lluck



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top