Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
12/07/2018 7:39 pm
Good morning guys,
My mechanic and I are doing a MOD in a building with old Westinghouse buffers, Model: OB I believe on the data plate. It looks like a cylindrical "T" with a drain plug on the very bottom and one underneath the horizontal "T" section. The CW side is the same type. The issue I have is that the pit was flooded many times over the years and buffers were mainly full of water. When I go to refill the car buffer it will only accept about a quarter cup of fluid and overflow. I don't know much about it and knew someone here would have some suggestions/answers! Thank you very much in advance!
My mechanic and I are doing a MOD in a building with old Westinghouse buffers, Model: OB I believe on the data plate. It looks like a cylindrical "T" with a drain plug on the very bottom and one underneath the horizontal "T" section. The CW side is the same type. The issue I have is that the pit was flooded many times over the years and buffers were mainly full of water. When I go to refill the car buffer it will only accept about a quarter cup of fluid and overflow. I don't know much about it and knew someone here would have some suggestions/answers! Thank you very much in advance!
12/07/2018 8:01 pm
The amount of oil your talking about is not near enough to fill this buffer! Sounds like there is a nasty glob of crap (that's a technical term for the stuff that comes out of buffers that have been full of water) blocking the fill. You can try compressing the buffer several time to try to blow it out or use a compressor but your best bet is to replace it. This is something you should be able to get paid x-tra to do if it wasn't in the specs.
Topic starter
12/07/2018 8:06 pm
Thank you Danzeits,
Yeah I tried standing on top of the buffer pad and compressing it, jumping to put a little extra pressure on it and nothing helps. New buffers are not in spec so that's also good to know! Haha, Thank you for your quick reply, have a good day.
Yeah I tried standing on top of the buffer pad and compressing it, jumping to put a little extra pressure on it and nothing helps. New buffers are not in spec so that's also good to know! Haha, Thank you for your quick reply, have a good day.