Elevator Forum

TKE Main Controller...
 
Notifications
Clear all

TKE Main Controller Board Batteries

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
523 Views
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#41440]
I was hoping someone could school me on the TAC20 and TAC32 main controller board batteries. What they actually do, how often to change them, the procedure for changing them, are they changed with the power on or off, ect. I know the DMC control board battery located in the COP is termed the clc backup battery and is changed with the power on, if not you'll lose all of your saved parameters and get a cold start fault. I've heard stories of guys putting tape on the backside of the clc battery after losing a contract to competitors. I was told years ago as a young service/repair mechanic working for Thyssen Sound Elevator that the DMC clc battery should be changed once a year. I seem to be ok changing them every two years. I appreciate any insight. Thank you



   
Quote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you JJR. It looks like the TAC20 CPU battery is changed with the power off and if it is a duplex you need to unplug connector 21 on the CPU board prior to powering up. I could not find info about the TAC32 other than a few fault listings that lead me to believe that it might be similar to a DMC.



   
ReplyQuote
 JJR
(@JJR)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
TAC20 is closer to DMC whereas TAC32 is closer to Swift Futura. If you never heard of Futura, if you ever run into a Dover elevator that says "Miami Elevator" on the COP panel instead of "Dover". It will most likely have a Swift on it. This isn't always the case though.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top