Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TKE LEV

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,484 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36157]
HI everyone.

Got a TKE LEV in pit below floor with flashing d. Does any one have wiring diagram and tips to get this thing up



   
Quote
 Dano
(@Dano)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"d" is the error code for safety circuit open.

PM me your email and I'll send the schematics, install manual, troubleshooting manual, and some other useful stuff.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks Dano. I got the d taking care of but now when the car tries to move it faults out on E1. I think it’s trying to drive down still. I need to boost it up. Can I do that with a pendant ? Is there a TKE part number for the pendant ? Can I use any regular pendant for it ? How does the pendant wire in ?



   
ReplyQuote
 Dano
(@Dano)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Because the TK Levs are discontinued, you would have to buy the pendant or any parts through Access2parts.com

That being said, its a super easy project to build one - you just need to know the pinout for the RJ45 connector, which I will post a link below:



   
ReplyQuote
 Dano
(@Dano)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Here is the pendant diagram, wired up to an RJ45 Screw Terminal connector (Available on Amazon for about 12 bucks)

I built my pendant with parts from an old cartop station, because they were free, but the buttons and switches could easily be purchased on Amazon or from an electronic shop.

This will save you about 2000 bucks from having to buy one from Access2Parts.

Photo of the wiring diagram:
https://ibb.co/2ktTjFX



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok thank you. After I get the pendant is there instructions on how to use it ?



   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Jluff, the pendant is only going to act as your running bug.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think that’s all I need. I just need to get it to run up. Right now it’s in pit with slack chain. There is no access to the motor shaft on top. Is there another way to pick the up circuit ?

Last edited by Jluff; 10/27/23 07:57 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 Goat
(@Goat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is this a Lev or a Lev II



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It’s just says Lev on it. Not lev 2. There is no plc controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Is there any other way to move this car up out of the pit besides the pendant ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If it is a chain drive, you can release the brake and crank the car up by hand with either the wheel or an adjustable wrench.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No access panel at top of shaft. But the wheel is there lol



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've had to throw a little giant ladder in the shaft before to get to and crank up a chain drive MRL before. I also keep a scaffolding hook lanyard in my safety bag for stuff like this or climbing towers on rack and pinion cars.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Ok so I can pick up now with the pendant and the control is sending power to brake and motor but the car still isn’t moving. Chain still slack with car in pit .. Has any one had any similar issue ? Next step is walking out on a plank at top of shaft to get to motor brake etc

Last edited by Jluff; 11/02/23 10:24 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top