Part 2 of my post pertains to several postings and replies referring to IMS for service tools. I don't mean to come across as asking a stupid question, but is IMS an software package? If so where can I procure IMS? There are a lot of TAC20's and TAC50's here and I would love to be able to interface with them. I guess that raises a 3rd question:
Can a terminal emulator be used to connect to a TAC20 or TAC50? If so, does anyone have the protocol, comm settings, and emulator settings?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
If you are having problems then I would refer you to elevator shack as there people on there that help develop the emulator, just use the search engine and you should find what you are looking for, if not post the question, good luck.
Gib
Gib
Why would anybody pay for such a thing when its next to nothing to obtain using Tigerterm?? You can buy the actual tool from Sodica for about �1500?
Gib
It is not as simple as plug in and go. You need to set up a session file, and it helps to use a Macro for creating on screen buttons, named as per the OEM SVT. It is all rather easy once you get the hang of it. Very simple comm's stuff really.
Since it was I who originally used tigerterm for this application and wrote the said session files and macro's, then I guess I can be said to be the authority on this particular subject.
You will also need to configure a data lead using an inline RS232 - RS422 I can supply all the information anyone needs, and I offer my macro's and session files for free to anyone who wants to use them.
One thing to note terminal emulators do not work very well if at all when connected directly to a drive unit I.e. OFV30. You need to access via RCB_II or was the the LMCSS, its been that long since I worked on the kit I'm now a little forgetfull LOL!
Regards,
Francis Admin @ Elevatorshack.com
PS: Assuming admin on the forum has no issues, I will be more than happy to upload the files on these forums, or to give you guys a rapidshare download link.