Elevator Forum

Thyseen 50-04 1516 ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Thyseen 50-04 1516 Fault

18 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
10.4 K Views
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#40059]
I've got a 50-04 that will randomly throw a 1516 ETSD system fault. Things I have tried:
Hoist-way scan with IMS
Redid the ETS tables with a TBS command.
Replaced the ETS vain Reader. (when TKE did the MOD it still had the original blue Dover photo cell reader)
Replaced the governor mounted encoder. (rust covered)
Replaced the ENCINT2 PCB 6300ax1
Hoist-way scan clears every time
TBS clears every time
It seems to almost always happens coming into the first floor. Once it stopped leaving the first floor.
Sometimes it will be accompanied by a 1007 fault but not always.

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm starting to pull my hair with this one
Wes



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If this unit uses the tape and magnets, check to see if the magnets are secured and properly placed. They’ve been known to drift downwards and a tad sideways. You should see a full length silicone bead on one side of the magnet at the minimum. A hoist way scan vs a high speed run into the terminal floor just might be a signal race giving the trouble.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It does not use a tape and magnet. It uses the original Dover system that has a photo cell reader for DZ, UL, DL, and another photo cell reader for terminal limit veins.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
So photo cell readers- my bad, I see you stated that in your original post. Is it possible to increase the normal slowdown count to see ETS point later? Compare top NTS/ETS values to bottom?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Try replacing the IOC card. I had an almost identical problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I know i have tried changing the down slowdown count way longer and the car does not change how it runs. Should be slowing down 4 floors early but still runs in as if i changed nothing. I know in my version of IMS looking at the hoistway screen only shows we floor heights. Nothing ever changes in the slowdown information. I can dive it a ETSB, and ETST command and those values are almost the same top and bottom. I will check into the IOC board.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I am still working on this issue. currently having trouble getting the main IOC card in controller. Will try to update when i have more information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
UPDATE: So i have replaced the IOC and Cartop CWIK cards. Now i can't get the car to even pass a TBS setup. Shows NTSD failed. No Faults in the system other that a 847 E/NTSD setup failed. I can see the Egood, Ebad lights flickering as it hits the terminals. looking at the vain reader it appears to be centered on all vain's.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
At what point did it go from an intermittent problem to a constant problem? If it was replacing one of the boards can you put the old one back and get back to the intermittent problem? Which IOC card did you have and which did you install? A 16 bit CPU can not go to a VH8 IOC card. Needs a VH3 or VH5.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hopefully this is the last update. The IOC card i was sent was a VH8 but the controllers have been updated at some point to 32bit. The last thing I changed was the encoder on the motor and the car has been running for a week. I'm not sure how the motor encoder and governor encoder work together for position in hoistway but it appears to have resolved the problem. Thank you all for the input.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That is baffling… as far as I know the motor encoder should have zero to do with that



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I agree, I couldn't find any information pointing to the motor encoder either. We happened to find a new one in a storage box and figured why not give it a shot. Car is still running.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’ve been waiting to hear back. I thought for sure it was a 16 bit controller with a VH8 IOC card.



   
ReplyQuote
(@WesRusso)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
I’ve been waiting to hear back. I thought for sure it was a 16 bit controller with a VH8 IOC card.

It was A VH8 card they sent but there is stickers all over the controllers indication that it has been updated to a 32 bit controller.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That’s fine then, it was probably a VH8 anyway. Are these some official looking stickers or label maker labels? Just curious because I’ve never seen a sticker like that



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top