Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Test Weights

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
9,004 Views
(@Person)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32982]
Anyone know where I can get some weight carts? Everywhere I've found any online has them priced at over $2,000 a cart.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know wurtec sells them. But no idea on the cost. Unfortunately everything is expensive nowadays.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
SEES and Wurtec. I think SEES are little bit more expensive. Around $650 per 500# cart a couple years ago plus freight.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Person)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm planning on calling SEES Monday morning. Of course they have them listed in the catalog and on the website but you have to call for the price. Wurtec had carts with the weights included costing over $2,000 per cart. Last time I saw a price for a weight cart it was $500 per cart with the weights included.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ILikeElevs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
build your own(that welding class from NEIEP comes in handy) or have them built locally



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stall Protection)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've purchased a lot of the 250# weight carts from Wurtec and have never paid more than $400 per cart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just called Wurtec, $1006 and some change per 500# cart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
SEES has them for $900 per 500# cart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Person)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the suggestions. I sent off emails to as many steel distributors and suppliers of counterweight filler weights and was able to find a company (I think in Ohio) that has weight carts for around 700 a cart.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the name of the company ? Did you buy any ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Person)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did not buy any I ended finding some I could use for the day. The company that I planned on buying from was International Steel & Counterweights. The website is www.steelcounterweights.com. They were the cheapest and the easiest to deal with. Got me a quote for the carts and once I gave them a delivery address they sent out a new quote with the price for each cart with delivery.

If you find anywhere else that isn't asking for the gold fillings in my teeth for some steel on wheels pm me and let me know. I'm going to have to order some in the near future.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top