We've just inherited some Tac50s. 3 in one building, and 2 next door.
The group of 3 have sheave brakes, and each one of these gets constant 224 errors. One car gets about two per week, and the others seem to last a bit longer.
I've gone through the mechanical set ups, as far as measurements, and clearances, and they seem good.
Ive increased the pick voltage time, increased the delay between the sbk pick, and the main brake pick, and increased the time that the sbk stays up to the maximum of 3600 (60 minutes) in hope of finding a sweet spot.
We haven't started swapping relays, but that's our next step, I have tested all of the contacts,mand they seem good. Most of the contacts have been doubled up with spares also.
After this I'm almost left with this being a design problem, but thought I'd ask here.
Incidentally, the 2 car group next door uses HW rope grippers, and do not have this problem.
What do you think?
224 is sheave brake switch, essentially the switch is bad, or the brake didn't pick.
I have not done any of the above, but will try it.
They are tac50, not -04
Thanks
Thanks, I will do that.
If not I bet its gotta be a contact on a relay.
I actually saw one of the cars not pick the brake once. I believe it didn't get a good pick voltage, and have a new EBH relay on the way. Hopefully that is it.
I'm thinking about a way to integrate a Holister Whitney rope gripper into the system, and getting rid of the sheave brake. I think I could do it all with sbk, but the only problem I can think of is that it looks like I can only set up about 4 seconds delay from the time the time sbk picks, until the main brake picks, and I'm unsure that it would always be enough time for the gripper to pick. Also, when sbk dropped due to inactivity, the gripper would have to drop. I don't know that it's really designed to pump up over and over.
I wish the was a gripper/sheave brake option in the software, but don't see it.