Phase loss can be a sketchy thing to trace at best. Upper left hand of the high volt side, is an adjustable monitor. Pots have a % and a time in seconds, that it will allow for under voltage. 5% at 15 seconds are what I typically set them from a NI point of adjust. Depending on the software you are running, I have heard the faults on earlier models for software were misleading about the phase loss, perhaps Dirt has some more info on it. If it truly is a phase loss issue, the usual culprits of connections for the three phase come into play.
this is the only car out of the 9 cars that have had the machine replaced by thyssen with the torin machine, because the 4-5 year old modded machine is obsolete. not that it matters, but it is a variable that is in play, as the bldg indicates that this car has been more troublesome then the others. we just acquired the job a couple months ago.
also another question, is the rope monitor that critical to the performance of the car? is it just used for pre-torque, etc. is it possible to run the cars without the rope monitors? is this a safety problem? does the rope monitor have an effect on how the car actually runs during hi speed, decel, level etc.? jkh i will have to test to see if there is a timing problem with the monitor that could cause problem. maybe swap the phase monitor with another car. thanks again guys.
Let me know what you come up with on the monitor. Do not have any experience with the quantum, we typically use the accord drive. I just remembered a bunch of field notes on the god awful software versions and how most of the early ones pretty much were steering us in a polar opposite direction from the true issue.
The TFR thing really sounds wrong for this if it is not an Isis II abortion. I have been asking guys to pull up IMS with motion diagnostics, door diagnostics, I/Os & Remote fast, type FLT and FLTN and snap a picture before doing anything. I try to do it too. I would really be curious what that looked like in this case as far as sequence of the faults, status of the car and SAFE inputs.
The last time I had issues with this 709 fault was from the Line Contactor not picking, I think it was the LCP timer.
i don't believe it ever had belts. think its always been the steel ropes, but not sure.
its definitely the 10 k drive, as i sent you a pic of the other building with the drive issue and you said it was a quantum 10k drive. this building is identical.
definitely not an accord drive.
i will make sure he sends me pics of all the screens before he resets next time. That is what I'm thinking, there must be something else that is requiring the tfr, or maybe he is confused, and it really doesn't need the tfr command, ill have a better idea next time thanks again guys.
BTW, what did you find to be the cause of your drive problem on that job?
IDWT the other building is a 2 car group, the one i asked about the phase fault. we swapped every board,and could not get the fault to clear, so i know it was not a board problem. we had it shipped out for repair, and they just put it back in this afternoon. drive fault cleared, no more phase fault 709 , or timed overcurrent fault. car runs great. did not speak to repair technicians but heard they replaced some capacitors? maybe the dc buss caps? or some components in the power structure, or possibly the LEM units, thats all that was left to replace as far as i could see. there was 670vdc on the buss, so really not sure what they found will have to see if they can be more precise. good thing is it is running. thanks to ACCESS Electronics they did another great job of fixing a drive, was a little pricey at over 6K dollars, but thats what you pay if you want to play with the big boys. ha ha
Are you saying they put 8mm ropes on a MOD?
Resetting the whole kit requires weights, and really should be done with full load. There is a trick though, using a known value, through the rope monitor screen. When you do the learn full, it asks for the value. I have done it with 500 lbs, but I found the variables at higher weights were more than when I had used a solid 4K+.