Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20 lms

25 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
43.3 K Views
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3270]
I am looking to quote on a maintenance contract which includes 3 Tac 20. Has anyone used the ims program for the Tac 20 that is available through [email protected] and r replacement boards available.



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Poons
I did email Hamid and asked about the software he is offering. Hamid offered to send me a trail version for 3 logins. The price he quoted me is $2100.00 us dollars. Unfortunately we do not have any of these units under contract. I am also interested to hear if anyone has use this software or could recommend something else.



   
ReplyQuote
 hex
(@hex)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I havent tried the program from Hamid that you mentioned but we have lots of the Tac20 units in my area. You will use the 3 logins just trying to figure out the ims software.

replacement boards are readily available and you can do quite a few of the repairs yourself.

If the unit is running good the ims software will hardly be used and if the unit has the lcd screen it will give you the info you need for problems.

Last edited by hex; 04/19/12 11:41 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
hex
Who are replacement boards available through and these units don't have the LCD screen, Still searching for an IMS program to help with problems.
Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The LCD screens are an option the building owner can buy at time of installation.

IMS is proprietary to TK. There's only one other company that has reverse engineered it LEGALLY, and it's for internal use only.

I've heard of several illegal versions floating around, but I would be very careful before getting involved with anything like that. Good way to lose everything you own..



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Broke sheave
I did speak with TKE for a customer. It is my understanding the LCD screen does not provide all the function that the IMS software has to offer. If the customer has a duplex, triplex or multiple units then they will also need an LCD screen for each unit.

Is that your understanding as well?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Unforutnately that's correct.
I've been hearing from years that World Electornics is going to reverse engineer it, but don't hold your breath. As I said earlier, They've been saying that for years...



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I spoke with Andy at world electronics. Andy said they stopped trying to reverse engineer the TAC units.



   
ReplyQuote
(@poons)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I spoke to World as well so time ago and they said there are several people with ims that are not TKE. The issue is to find someone with the NONTKE version to talk to.



   
ReplyQuote
(@as722)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The LCD screen is called a UIT and can't be used without the UIT software



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have him call OTIS, they got the tool to troubleshoot and download all the software. And it's all legal.



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sounds like TKE is doing the per usual " holding a gun to his head ".



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: ifrratedpilot
Have him call OTIS, they got the tool to troubleshoot and download all the software. And it's all legal.

Yep!!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@ifrratedpilot)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: poons
I spoke to World as well so time ago and they said there are several people with ims that are not TKE. The issue is to find someone with the NONTKE version to talk to.

if TKE finds out a non TKE employee has the real IMS, they will be getting a visit from the sheriff. we had a guy who had 2 stolen TKE IMS computers, one of them timed out so this idiot actually called the TKE help desk for support. the very next day the cops showed up and he was taken off the job in handcuffs.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
And rightly so! As you said the IMS software and computers were stolen!



   
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top