Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tac 20

44 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
93.4 K Views
(@iuec4me)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I see alot of negative comments on here about a younger generation of elevator men coming up -well to all of you einstien genius types who walk on water good for you -yes you are great I work around alot of those types where I'm from -nobody has seen everything and knows it all -take the time to teach and pass on what you know to the willing and hungry coming up -if the young mechanic is trying and willing then he will prevail with the help of the more skilled and experienced --we were all young dumb and full of well u know at one time in this trade -I remember when I saw my first otis ucl controller and watching my first mechanic just listening to the relays pick and knowing which one was not performing -I thought wow there is no way I would ever be able to do this --I am now a route mech myself -still getting stumped every once in awhile --take the time to pass on the knowledge for our brothers and our safety



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've been around enough that I don't care who gets the credit, which elevator is better than the other one..

The only good elevator is a running elevator.. 😁



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Liked the old C-Base logic..had worked on many of them down the shore..65u controllers w/advancer motor selectors 500fmp cars..good stuff early elevonic logic here...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Smitty)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hey brother, when I did teach I did have a small handful of really devoted students. It was a shame to have them sit in the same class with all the guys whom could care less. I am not just talking about guys with electrical skills either. This trade has room for guys with great mechanical skills to achieve as well. I encouraged them to also seek out training beyond what NEIEP could provide. But I do notice a lack of hunger to succeed in a good deal of our young guys coming up. I know there are young mechanics out there that will succeed and carry on long after I am gone. But there are several guys that get in the rut of " let him figure it out, or I don't get paid enough to worry about the problem". If anything at all I have realized that no one person alone can know everything there is to know about this industry. That is what is great about this forum because you can ask questions and get help from other experts all across the country. Work Safe.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"The older I get, the better I was"

8^)



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is something to be said about the people you surround yourself with!



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
JKH, very very well put. I wish I had come up with that one.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevateyou)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does any one know anything about the tke icon controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevateyou)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I am working on on an icon controller and getting a 1034 fault do any of you have experience with that?



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks Solidstate

In the few years of my life that lesson I hold as my most valuable.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have to admit you're right JKH...

I used to think.
"The older the violin the sweeter the music"
But I have picked up some surprising sour notes with age as well..LOL..



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Love those colloquialisms!
You truly are a multi talented individual Broke sheave...



   
ReplyQuote
 Len
(@Len)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I really love the Tac20,s and their predecessor DMC,s...without them we would not make any money on callbacks and starve...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Was this problem ever resolved? We just had a similar problem on a TAC22 and it turned out to be the up to speed contact on the drive was short-circuited. I added a relay from the run terminal to the common and used the contacts to simulate the up to speed contact. We had the drive repaired and that took care of the problem. MUTS must fall after every run. MUTS is controlled by a NO contact on the starter or the up to speed on a Solid state starter. MUTS contacts control an input into the controller to tell it the Motor contactor fell out.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top