Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

TAC 20

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,732 Views
(@DRWalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#34233]
New to this forum, with very little experience...

I have an opportunity to buy a TAC 20 elevator that is "new-in-box", apparently designed, engineered, and specified, but never installed. The individual selling it appears to have less knowledge than me. Wonder if someone could answer a few basic questions:

First, is this a model that is still supported?
It was engineered for two stops, I need three. Is this possible?
How difficult will it be to obtain installation and service help on this, since I did not buy it from a TK Dealer?

Thanks for your kind assistance.

David Walker



   
Quote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I think dirt might know



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Contact your local tk office. They can look up the job number thats on the controller and associated equipment. Might be able to have software written for you or they’ll try to sell you a 32h. Good luck



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Doesn’t sound like a great opportunity



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
No it doesn’t.
Not to mention;
New piston and jack assembly
At least three or four more guiding rails and brackets
One or two more landing fixtures
One new entrance complete
Depending on rise- the oil reservoir tank and quite possibly the entire power unit. Ouch.
The installation and inspection are or would be just as difficult to acquire. I’m not even sure you can mod a hydro beyond build spec and have it inspected.

I’m no engineer but aside from software and the aforementioned items, there may be more surprises in that box.



   
ReplyQuote
 M2RE
(@M2RE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's a catch



   
ReplyQuote
(@DRWalker)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Whadafack
Contact your local tk office. They can look up the job number thats on the controller and associated equipment. Might be able to have software written for you or they’ll try to sell you a 32h. Good luck

Great idea - trying to obtain that information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Tke will never install that. And probably will not help you

Last edited by Jluff; 11/12/22 06:12 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@boomer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I wouldn’t recommend it elevators are job specific when you start altering things they never seem to run Right. Just my personal opinion I’ve witnessed it time and time again don’t waste your money get something engineered for your building.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top