You have to disable the doors by pulling DO10 output wire off, (If Miprom control)or disabling the door open relay on a relay control.
The drive is not that challenging to troubleshoot. Raw Pattern goes into the 7EA board and is outputed as an S Curve from there. Then the S curve pattern is summed with the tach to create an error signal that is regulated by the 1 and 2 EA boards. From there the output goes out on 2EA on wire 203 to the 3EA, 4EA motorfild assembly. If you look you will see the MF feedback controls the Armature current. If no MF No armature current.
Most common problems are 1EA, 2EA (The regulator boards...Also supply + and - 10 VDC as bias voltage to the op amps on all other EA boards), And the 3EA, 4EA motor field assembly.
All parts are readily repaired or replaceable.
Just remember EA boards can be interchanged with any 6010. CA boards are machine and speed, current specific..
Turns out drive has not been upgraded. Here's the problem my friend is having: Around once a week passengers board the car at the top landing, doors close, brake lifts and car drifts up into the final and there they they sit. He has done all the normal stuff:all new relays check HW limit switches and a general look see. Note here, the problem has never been reported at a intermediate landing. This dosn't mean that's it's not happening.
Any ideas out there Scott/Vic?
Work safe,
Jim
Check those #%@#$% air bellow timer contacts on 1M, 2M, and 3M switches...)
Great post Scott.
Regards, Jim
Well we went to the SS6010 today and tried the timer adjustment. Absolutly no roll back from any floor with the timer set at about two seconds. We did see something we haven't before. When running from 4 to 5 (top floor) the carr would shut down about every three or four runs and the fault light on EA12 would turn on. The car shut down when we hit the slowdown for the top floor. It appeared the comparator fault was shutting it off because everything looked fine until the fault light came on and the drive shut down.
Is it possible to cause a comparator fault if we are still accelerating when hitting a slowdown for the next floor? I would say we are right at the end of acceleration when we hit slow down.
I adjusted the accel slope and Linear accel to provide a quicker accel and the problem never occured again.
I don't know what this would have to do with the car going into the overhead. It is not sliding throught the brake more than normal when an emergency stop is initiated.
Jim
I have a digi matrix data recorder which I think I will connect to the controlller next week to see if I can catch anything. I will keep you posted and thanks again for all your help buddy and you forum Guys as well.
Also....
Notorious for comparator trips, empty car down, from top floor, with any kind of brake drag...
Hope this helps..