Elevator Forum

Smartrise with Blai...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Smartrise with Blain Valve Sev07

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,046 Views
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36551]
I have a smartrise with a blain valve. Elevator runs down but won’t move up. No up start. Elevator remains at floor level. I get 24VDC power supply. I get signal to the boards from Terminal 7 to N and Ref. My coil ‘A’ energizes. Not sure what else to check.



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What kind of Blain valve? A regular one or Bucher style variable voltage solenoid deal?



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Bucher style Update: I was able to get it to run but it throws an over speed fault when it’s traveling up. I was able to set the contract speed and the S1 speed to match the FPM but still got an over speed fault.
Now I have the SRU Unknown fault in the main screen. Tried to do a learn hoistway and Dip 1A Reset and nothing. Looks like it lost memory



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a smartrise do this once. Set your contract speed higher, a good bit above actual running speed. Couldn't get it to go away any other way. Would intermittently shut down for overspeed fault until I raised contract speed up a good bit. I'd watch it run and watch the speed fluctuate on the screen and set it 15-20 fpm higher than the highest you see.

Only problem may be you might not be able to have inspection run fast speed which would be miserable. I reckon you could try setting inspection speed to 140 and see if it'll still pick the fast speed with the valve. I usually always make inspection match contract on a hydro so I don't know what the controller would think if you made it a speed that wasn't one of its 2 speeds.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
After reading the part on it loosing memory and not even doing a hoistway setup, I'd call smartrise, sounds like they might need to put a sru board in the mail to you.



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Just got it shipped overnight. Thanks for the help



   
ReplyQuote
(@chartervader)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Update: It was a loose wire on support brace brake switch. Input 544 was low and lost my 24VDC voltage. Was able to get this hydro back to Normal.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top