Elevator Forum

Seeking Advice from...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Seeking Advice from Industry Experts - How Can a N

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,216 Views
(@Clara)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39991]
Dear Esteemed Industry Professionals,

My name is Clara, and I'm a newcomer to the elevator export industry. I recently discovered this forum and was truly inspired by the warm and supportive community here. As someone just starting out in foreign trade, I would be extremely grateful if you could share your wisdom:

What are the most effective ways for a beginner to develop their export business in the elevator sector? Specifically, how should we approach finding potential clients in the initial stages?

Your practical advice and guidance would mean the world to a rookie like me. Thank you in advance for your generosity in sharing your expertise!

Warm regards,
Clara



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello Clara and welcome to the community.

Your question in my opinion is just outside of the boundaries encompassing this forum. The exchange of knowledge and experience within the “technical” aspect of a variety of elevator systems new and old is where we do best. Some here who may be company owners or have a good insight to the marketing side will no doubt chime in at some point, but I’ll offer my suggestions;
Whichever Company you’re employed with now, find out who is the most recognized and honest export salesperson in your office.
Discover the techniques he or she employ’s to find the sales lead, connect with the proper parties and then develop a working relationship with the end user or his or her representative. Let that person within your own office be your mentor. I’m going to assume this approach is even possible as some people do not like to share insights to their successes.
There is no shortcut to experience, but allow your work
ethic and drive motivate you, and you’ll discover, or hopefully discover a hunger to be like that seasoned salesperson/marketer you’ve been watching, and day by day becoming that marketing pro you desire to be.
Ask questions. Understand the systems your company is marketing whether low rise hydraulic or traction elevators and which system best accommodates the builders use whether a university library, office building or whatever, be familiar with the applications of the variety of systems you sell.
There must be in place a mechanism by which you can discover which builder is looking for construction bids on their project. Bid notices and invitations are usually time sensitive meaning, you’d better be there on such and such date and time to join the bid process.
Maybe this response is somewhat off target for your question, and I do admire your engagement to find resources to help you grow in the elevator industry, but honestly I don’t have any experience in the export market, but most people on this forum are experienced (aside from the technical aspects) in customer relations or the sales of new elevators or the modernization of outdated systems in this industry.
New construction or modernization here in the States is a tough market, and product sales to export might be a tough one as well.
I hope your career is a rewarding one.

By chance are you working for SDE located in Suzhou?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Clara)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Dear elmcannic,

Thank you very much for your sincere reply.
I have gained a lot of inspiration from your reply. First and foremost, at present I will focus on learning the company's products. To be a good salesperson, the first step is to become familiar with the products.I must first understand the specific products and quotations of the elevator series of the company, and then proceed to communicate with the customers based on this information.
As for the issue of finding a leader that you mentioned, currently I have an experienced salesperson guiding me through the learning process. However, the leader still hopes that we can learn independently. So, by chance, I found this forum and saw many posts. I wondered if I could also receive help from it.
Our company specializes in traction elevators. We have worked on various types of elevators, with the main focus being passenger elevators. I will enhance my knowledge about this elevator product.
I also admit that exporting is not an easy task, especially in the US market. This requires finding one's own agents or distributors. Currently, I am still far from finding these clients. However, I believe that the knowledge I am constantly learning will eventually help me acquire customers from foreign one day. Because sincerity is the most powerful trump card.
Thank you for your kind wishes. I also hope that you will have a happy life and be in good health.

Not completely right,I work in Suzhou, and I belong to the International Business Department, but I also provide some translation support to the Technology Department.

Clara

Last edited by Clara; 08/19/25 09:00 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top