The purpose of the CADI is more for initial set-up and to make in depth parameter changes.
One other tactic to try is to get the consultant involved if one has been involved in the maintenance bidding process. They can be 'quite persuasive' in getting SEC to leave the SDM chip on site or in upgrading the software.
Good luck.
Also, Schindler will no longer even bring the SDM chip to the job after construction turnover unless Schindler's SRM (Schindler Remote Monitoring) has been installed. That is how they can invalidate the SDM chip if they lose the job and are unable to gain access to the controller. Another note-don't bother demanding the SDM chip from Schindler. The chip is not on the customer's bill of sale, and won't be provided as it is considered property of Schindler.
I have seen customers with a bit of clout (a lot of properties and units) strong arm Schindler into leaving the SDM chips in the controllers. But I have also seen a few customers fail when trying.
As stated above-version 2.18 or above is the way to go. The company I work for has been successfully maintaining TX-R5 and 400A units with and without the SDM chip. It's just that without it you need to have some prior experience with the equipment.
Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions in the future. Here to help.
Never had any major problems out of the rest of the types,pretty basic.
I have had a few crip boards go bad,mostly with the HW door circuits on the board.