Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/09/2024 9:04 am
Hello all, I'm looking for information on a way to get my doors to close on APE operation as per code. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
11/09/2024 5:23 pm
Which code are you referencing?
Topic starter
12/09/2024 12:01 am
A17.1 2016 code.
Topic starter
12/09/2024 1:26 am
My apologies, it's under the 2019 code 3.26.10.3. The doors are required to close at a predetermined interval.
14/09/2024 3:26 am
I'd find another 330A with battery lowering and verify it is designed by schindler to do that. The code kind of screwed up using the word IF in that reference. All you'd need to prove is its not of adequate capacity to close the doors after opening. To me the best way would be seeing what another units doing. And if the other unit does close them, then you can really compare other things, like inputs or outputs to go back and check against your suspect unit.
I think it's better to leave them open safety wise myself.
I'm going to assume it passed the final inspection like it this when schindler installed it. Its possible the inspector just didn't notice. It's also possible schindlers reading the code book quite literally
Last edited by EElevator; 09/13/24 07:34 PM.
14/09/2024 3:52 am
Hopefully there's a schindler mechanic on here installing these currently that can give a quick definitive yes or no as to whether they are designed to be that way or not