Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
06/08/2014 9:46 am
Good Day, I have a Schindler elevator modernized with a STEP controller. The inverter on this control cabinet is Frenic 5000VG7S Series. Last week we replaced this inverter with the same model due to frequent error. Upon replacing it, we encounter a problem the elevator wont run in normal even during inspection mode. as we press the going down direction on manual mode the motor will run up first before it will go down. upon going down the elevator will stop. I think the Elevator Main PC Board are not communicating with the inverter. Do any one experience this kind of problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
07/08/2014 9:40 am
Have you replaced all the original parameters? Did you have to do an auto tune? Is the direction set in the wrong direction? When replacing an VF unit I haven't had to do a autotune so to me you have a parameter that is not right.
Topic starter
07/08/2014 11:15 am
For now we used the old main board of the inverter. but today we will install the new main board and we will input the original parameters. We didn't do a auto tune. The directional parameters are okay. We will check all the parameters and update you what is the output.
09/08/2014 10:28 am
Yeah I would never start to swap pcb's if there is a question of it being faulty. If the new board is fitted then the lift is still the same, then you could say that the old pcb is ok. I tend to go down that way instead of trying to recycle old boards.
Topic starter
15/08/2014 10:34 am
We already swap the pcb's but there are some parameters that is needed. especially the safety circuit parameters. do you have an idea what parameters needs a modification for the safety circuits?
30/08/2014 8:34 am
I guess your running closed loop? Have you checked the tacho? If its only running in the down direction have you checked to see if the top slow/sync limit's not active and checking the brake resistor might help
Last edited by Pete Da Engineer; 08/30/14 12:37 AM.