Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Rope tensioning

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,037 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15015]
Out of curiousty, what methods do you use to check and tension ropes(tools etc.)



   
Quote
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Can anyone give info on rope tensioning tool? Need something that's easily mobile, quick and accurate.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have a set of the equator that I believe I purchased from adams. They are easy to calibrate and use. They are fancier gauges out there. But so far these seem to get the job done.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatormike)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
http://www.brugglifting.com/elevator-ropes/images/downloads/manu/RLE_Manual.pdf
Brugg makes a hydraulic rope tensioner that works really well. It's expensive but can be done and accurate in an hour. It also can be converted to weight if you need to know what the car/cwt weigh.



   
ReplyQuote
(@spanky)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You tune them like guitar strings... all equal. Easiest from the bottom of the hoistway, adjust, then run up and down the hoistway to equalize on both sides of the sheaves, recheck & repeat as needed. It works flawlessly. I'm not a believer in fandango gauges.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top