Elevator Forum

Payne elevator resi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Payne elevator resistor overheated

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,579 Views
(@Pauli466)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35403]
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CVF5b8dPNo89qXSv8. Resistor overheated still trying to dig up some schematics

Last edited by Pauli466; 06/24/23 07:04 PM.


   
Quote
(@Pauli466)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted by Pauli466
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CVF5b8dPNo89qXSv8. Resistor overheated still trying to dig up some schematics

I've been looking for corroded loose connections. I can't find anyone familiar with this ancient system, looks like I'm on my own here

Last edited by Pauli466; 06/24/23 10:16 PM. Reason: misspelling's


   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hi, controller looks like either OThompson, MG. If the resistor is in series with the brake coil usually is 150ohm 225watts 8 - 10". Wired to be a holding voltage
If parallel would be a dumping resistor about 1500ohms. Assuming the brake is a DC coil, not an AC wet brake.



   
ReplyQuote
(@nalahim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Still need assistance? lmk



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top