Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Packing pullers

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,336 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#32312]
What’s best kit or single tool for pulling packings ?



   
Quote
(@UnkindBuffalo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Palmetto makes a whole lot for around $100, or you can just use drywall screws and a pair of pliers



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Texacone sell packing kits.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've used a screw and vise grips before one on the was real stuck. But 99% of the time a good set of picks does the job. If I remember correctly I got my set at an auto parts store. The one that's bent at a 90 degree is most handy. They're also worth having when replacing o rings or seals in valves and getting out them tiny parts.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top