Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
19/09/2011 12:25 am
I have this very intermittent problem with the PM output on a LRVS staying low, causing the oil to heat up and opening the pump motor thermal overload.The feed line is cool to the touch and the tank too hot to touch.If i put the elev. on in car inspect, the PM output will still stay low.The only way i can reset this problem is by resetting the CPU or cycling the main line disconnect.I've had this same problem on other LRS3 and LRVS elevators.Has anyone else had this problem or found the cause?
19/09/2011 3:45 am
What drives the "output"? Is it a transitor, completing the path to ground? Maybe you could trace it down, and change the component that switches the output.
20/09/2011 11:39 am
I have had this problem before, around 10 years ago or so, I cant seem to remember exactly what the fix was, but i do remember that it only did it if the car was at the top floor. I think it had to do something with a relevel, when the car would relevel, one of top floor hoistway inputs would not be correct and the pump would keep on pumping boiling the oil. Is you car always at the top floor? When we found out the problem, we could duplicate it every time. Damn, im getting old and can not recall exactly what the exact sequence was, but it would do exactly what you are saying. it was a fairly easy fix if i remember, moving a switch just a little did the trick, just dont know which switch it was. hope this will jog someones memory
20/09/2011 11:59 am
I've had one on service for a while now that does something similar about once a year. The car will be on the springs, oil boiling. The thermal always get's it. I've checked bypass, added snubbers on the valve coils (someone removed them), replaced all the relays in the controller, replaced the valve, replaced slowdown rollers (those marshmellows)... I've only been there once when the motor was still running and I think it was the first time it happened. I'd like to know as well.
Last edited by E-man; 09/20/11 04:00 AM.