Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Otis Hydro fit

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,737 Views
(@beaupeep)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14291]
Is it possible to maintain these lifts? Do you need a tool? Are they problematic? Heard there's a problem with pump motors and sensors in tank. Any info would be great thanks



   
Quote
 Jim
(@Jim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had a chance to get one earlier this year. The normal Otis tool wouldn't work. It lights up but goes blank. I was told that the dongles they need to access them were only given to a select group of their mechanics. Then that same friend of mine said he was losing a bunch of them because a competitor figured out that the blue Chinese tool on the internet would get you inside them. I never got a chance to plug into one with the blue tool. So hopefully somebody with more experience than myself will continue this conversation with a solid answer.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You need a dongle, but I've heard that the blue Chinese tool works for non-Otis mechanics just fine.



   
ReplyQuote
(@gs264)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone have more info on this topic?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top